Navigating an online system, an app, ATMs, and error codes can take some getting used to when you’re just trying to access your hard-earned pay. Ensuring you get paid on time and without hassle is of the utmost importance to us. We know not everyone has time to call customer service whenever they need help, so we’ve put together a list of the most common errors Fintwist cardholders might face when trying to access their payroll card funds. Trust us—once you get used to Fintwist, you’ll never want to go back to the check-cashing store!
1. Don’t Pay ATM Fees: It’s tempting to use the closest ATM to get cash, but be sure to check the Allpoint ATM Finder to find the nearest no-fee ATM. With your Fintwist card, you have access to free withdrawals at thousands of ATMs. Using your card at an out-of-network ATM, however, will incur two separate fees: a cash withdrawal fee* and the ATM owner’s fee.
2. Check Your Balance at No Cost: There is an inquiry fee* and usually an additional ATM owner fee for ATM balance inquiry transactions, even if you’re not withdrawing any funds. To check your Fintwist balance at no cost,* log into your account through the Fintwist app or at fintwistsolutions.com.
3. Select Checking at the ATM: ATM terminals will often ask you to select an account type after entering your pin. Make sure you select “checking” to access your Fintwist funds at the ATM. Other account types, such as “savings” will give you an error code because your paycard is recognized by ATMs as a checking account.
4. Activate Your Card Over the Phone, Not Online: To activate your card, you’ll need to first call the number on the sticker on the front of your card. If you don’t remember your activation code, check with your employer (HINT: sometimes it is your birthdate!). Once you’ve followed the prompts, you can then make an online account at fintwistsolutions.com or on the Fintwist app, which will allow you to view your balance, transaction history, manage spending, pay bills, and transfer funds. If you try to sign up online or on the app before activating your card over the phone, you will receive error messages and be unable to create your online account.
5. Remember Your Username and Password: When you create your Finwtist online or app account, use a username and password that are unique to you, but that you’ll remember. Your username can’t be reset, so pick one that’s easy for you to remember. Your password, on the other hand, can be reset. Your online account and app share the same username and password.
6. Freeze Your Card if It’s Lost: If your Fintwist card is lost or you believe it has been compromised, you can suspend your card in the Fintwist app or your online account to prevent further transactions from going through. If you find your card, you can un-suspend it at any time.
*See your Cardholder Agreement Terms & Conditions for a full breakdown of fees.
Like us on Facebook for frequent updates on the best uses of your paycard!
Tell us how Fintwist can help your organization today. We’ll be in touch upon receipt of this form.