As a Fintwist Mastercard cardholder, your security is important to us. In order to help protect you, we’ve compiled our list of tips for preventing fraud on your Fintwist card, and a cheat sheet for the steps you need to take to protect yourself and your paycard if fraud does occur.
Tips for Preventing Paycard Fraud in Person
· Don’t give your Fintwist card number out. If a friend who doesn’t have a card wants to buy something online, buy it for them and take the cash instead of giving them your card number. When you’re paying bills over the phone, Search the company online to make sure you’re calling their official line, and check for reviews or complaints from other customers.
· Don’t let your paycard out of your sight. Don’t leave it at home, with a friend, or out on the table for a long time at a restaurant.
· Don’t give out your Fintwist card’s PIN, and don’t use a code like your date of birth that might be easy to guess.
· When you use an ATM to withdraw cash, be sure to use a fee-free ATM in the Allpoint network. If possible, use an ATM inside of a retailer’s store, rather than an ATM in a remote or outdoor location. At retailers, you are surrounded by other people and witnesses—if anything were to happen to your paycard, or if there were an error, the cashier could vouch for you. At a remote location, you are alone and liable to being snuck up on or being the only witness if the machine eats your card.
· Sign up for Mastercard’s Identity Theft Alerts online to receive free alerts for suspected fraud. You can also sign up to receive free* text alerts, any time a transaction has been made on your paycard. Download the Fintwist app to sign up for alerts.
· Put your card in Suspend mode when you’re not using it. Using the Fintwist mobile app or www.fintwistsolutions.com, you can immediately put your card in a Suspend mode and take it out of Suspend mode in real time! This will help prevent your card or card number from being used without your knowledge.
Tips for Preventing Paycard Fraud Online
· Don’t open email links or downloads from senders you don’t know. If you’re not sure, don’t open it. Phishing software installed in email links can use malware to steal your paycard information and personal information by tracking your keystrokes or going through your history.
· Be careful ordering online. Only order items through retailers you trust, and be sure that the URL of any online checkout portal begins with https:// (the S stands for secure). Whenever possible, order through a retailer you already have an account with (like Amazon) instead of making a new account with a new retailer.
· Use strong passwords online, and don’t use the same password for everything. Don’t give your passwords out. Some websites save your paycard information when you pay for items and all a fraudster needs to complete your purchase is your password.
· If you ever believe your card may be compromised or lost, you can use the Fintwist app or website to suspend your card. This will block any future transactions from going through, and you can unsuspend the card at any time if you find it.
How to Report Fraud on Your Paycard
· Call our customer service line at 888-265-8228 as soon as you notice fraudulent activity on your Fintwist card to both report the fraud and put a freeze on your paycard preventing further activity. In order to be covered by Mastercard’s Zero Liability Policy, you must report the fraudulent activity on your paycard as soon as you learn of the loss or theft of the card.**
· Freeze your card from your Fintwist app to prevent any further transactions from going through.
· See your Cardholder Agreement for more details on your liability for fraudulent transactions.
*Fees from your wireless carrier may apply